On the East Coast

31 05 2009

So the change of plan started on Friday. I originally didn’t want to go to work that day, but we did anyways. First thing in the morning I was told that our systems test for the The Company was bumped up head.Originally it was scheduled Saturday June 6th.

So it was bumped up a WHOLE DAMN WEEK!

Which on Friday that translated into needing to leave Saturday. I was completely, hell I still am not menatally and emotionally prepared to leave yet. Preston and I had a whole weekend set up for some quality time before I left. Friday night we were to go out to eat some sushi at a new restaraunt, watch Star Trek or Terminator, and cuddle up at home. Saturday night we were supposed to go out “dancing” at The Point. Sunday we were going to go kayaking.

I only got to do the sushi thing. I needed to pack and quickly shop for some “adult” professional clothes. That was a painful 3 hour ordeal. I didn’t finish packing until about an hour and half before my flight.

So I left home yesterday Saturday at 130pm.

First stop was San Francisco. The flight wasn’t too bad. It was PACKED. About 4 babies, 70% old people, and one asian guy. The old couple next to me weren’t that bad though. I sat aisle so I prepared myself for having to get up constantly, funny old people smells, and snoring. But that wasn’t the case. They weren’t mean, stayed out of my people and only got up once. Though it did scare me when the older lady started cracking hard boiled eggs and throwing the shells into her purse. I got about an hour of sleep, listened to my ipod and played my DS. In flight movie was Inkheart and Mall Cop. I only watched Mall Cop because it dawned on me I should use my headphones for that.

Just landed in San Francisco, now Im in line to board for Chicago

When I got to San Francisco I really didn’t expect it to be as cold as it was, but it was a real short lay over. That was another PACKED flight. I almost got lucky though. Amazingly the seat next to be wasn’t occupied. But I didn’t hold my breath too long for that luck. We still had about 5 minutes before they started to move and I was finally asked to move. There was a young dad and his daughter that had seperate seats. At first they asked this foreign guy carrying this 5 foot tube that occupied the empty seat next to him. He didn’t pay for that extra seat, but he sure as hell didn’t want to fork over his seat. So I gladly gave up my two seats. The little girl was gorgeous and the dad looked no older than me, how could I possibly say no?

Of course jerk off mainland people didn’t want to give up their seats either. When I was first looking for my seat the young dad was asking everyone and no one budged. But I figured I would have gotten the dad’s seat or girls seat. At the same time the flight attendents were trying to free up one row for them to sleep during the flight. So can you think of the last seat available for me?

Foreign guy next to me, at the far end was my original seat and the dad and daughter I gave my seat up for.

Next to the foreign guy, they litterally had to pry that 5foot tube away from him to put into the closet. Better yet I had to take the window seat. I’m claustrophic and unless its my significant other sitting next to me I HAVE to have an aisle sit. Just so I can have that feeling that I have an open space. The moment I sat down the foreign guy passed out, spread his legs open, and invaded my personal bubble. Damn guy! I couldn’t sleep. So I tried to watch the in flight movie, Bride Wars. I liked it, but made me a little sad about the fact I’m no engaged yet, another story. But from my view I had to lean a bit to my right to see the full screen and having the foreign guy trying to “cuddle” me was horrible.

I got a few hours of sleep, but by that time I was really regretting not finding our travel pillow. I had a stiff neck and really exhausted.

Just landed in Chicago OHare Airport. It was 530am.

Just landed in Chicago O'Hare Airport. It was 530am.

10+ hrs of traveling, 2 hr layover and 1 last flight left, I look like shit.

10+ hrs of traveling, 2 hr layover and 1 last flight left, I look like shit.

Then we touched down in Chicago, it was a little chilly, but not that bad. Local time it was 530am, Hawaii time I was 1130pm. Had a two hour layover and one hell of a long walk to the next terminal. Where I FINALLY passed Hudson News WITH TRAVEL PILLOWS. The guy I’m traveling with watched my stuff and I went back to pick up a travel pillow, Venti Passion Tea from Starbucks and sandwich. It took me about an hour to do all that. I was so tired just walking.

The Pretty Colors! On my way to my next terminal.

The Pretty Colors! On my way to my next terminal.

The toilets in Chicago trip me out. Plastic rotating covers. I still put papers down lol.

The toilets in Chicago trip me out. Plastic rotating covers. I still put papers down lol.

On my last flight the seat was the worst. I sat in the last row with the stiff backs that you can’t lay back. So me and the couple next to be put down our trays and passed out on that for the rest of the trip. I’m guessing they were as exhausted as I was.

Last flight for a couple weeks

Last flight for a couple weeks

When I finally got off in Buffalo, relieft just overwhelmed me. Local time it was 930am, my time it was 330am. I quickly got my bags, rushed to the car, flew to the hotel, ate a quick lunch and passed out for 6 hours. Which I think completely screwed me over.

When I finally got to my room it was about 1100ish and I was going to try to stay up as long as possible so I can pass out at 6pm. That didn’t work out too well. I woke up about 445pm wide awake and ready to go. It’s now 11:13 and there is nothing that’s going to make me pass out now.

Finally a bed to sleep in..

Finally a bed to sleep in..

Tomorrow I have a free day, The Worm I’m traveling with is meeting with his Company over meetings about My Company and I come into effect Tuessday. I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow. Everything I want to do I’d want to do with someone else. Like Freddie’s Speedway, who wants to race go carts alone?! So I’m probably going to hit up the mall and find something for Nyx and Preston on his birthday. Which is tomorrow. 😦

Oh and my sister’s birthday, which is Wednesday. 😦

I wish I was tired. Maybe I’ll call back home.



One response

1 06 2009

Holy awful flying Friday. So sorry your trip so far has been irksome. Although your blog was fun to read. I am counting down the days my sweet!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: